Staged And Sold: Sell Your Home Like A Pro
The real estate market has undergone significant rebound in recent times. Just like many people whose houses have been in the market for months, you feel this is the right time to sell off your property. Well, your time might be right, but you will face stiff competition from thousands of home sellers.
Dedication and Hardwork
Selling your property in today’s tough real-estate market requires a lot of hard work and dedication. With the tough competition from thousands of other property sellers, you have to find a way to stand out from the competition. Anything that will give you an edge over the competition should be a plus to you when you are trying to sell your home.
Setting Yourself Apart
You should make your home look best to distinguish it from that of your competition. This is where staging can be very useful. Staging your home will enable your home to attract top dollars from homebuyers. So, what is staging?
Barb Schwarz, president of the International Association of Home Staging Professionals, defined home staging as “the preparation of the home for sale so that buyers can mentally move in.” By staging your home, you will make it look appealing and attractive to buyers.
Top 4 Reasons to Stage Your Home
1. You Will Make More Money: A survey conducted by Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp. discovered that staged homes are usually sold 6% above the asking price and spent less time in the market when compared to unstaged homes.
2. Your House Will Sell Faster: Well, according to a survey conducted by the National Association Realtors (NAR), the longer a property stays in the market, the lower the price it will attract.
3. You Will Get a Good Return on Your Investment: Another NAR survey reveals that a 1 – 3% investment on home staging yields 8 – 10% return, which is a good deal.
4. Your Online Photos Will Stand Out: A recently conducted NAR poll found out that 90% of potential home buyers start their property search on the internet. Staging your home increase the visibility of your property to potential buyers.
Does Staging Really Works? The answer to this question can be found in the 2011 RESA survey. This survey discovered that on the average, a staged home sells faster than an unstaged home.
The 5 Keys to Staging Like a Pro
1. Color: Use warm and soothing colors to paint your home. Lighter shades are more attractive to the eyes and helps buyers to visualize their household items in the house.
2. Maintenance: Make your house look clean and smell nicely. In addition, try to complete any home improvement project you are carrying out on your property.
3. Depersonalization and De-cluttering: Take out your personal stuffs from your house. They distract home buyers during the inspection of your property.
4. Emotional Cues: Help buyers to emotionally connect with your home by decorating it with candles and flowers.
5. Furniture Placement: Place minimal furniture in your home in order to showcase the large space to potential buyers.